Tuesday, April 15, 2014

He Liked It...So He Put A Ring On It



I met NG about 9 years ago (that makes me feel extremely old) - freshman year of college.  #RollTide We've been friends ever since.  We've been through so much together - 5am practices, parties, boyfriends, break-ups, prank calls during bus trips, birthdays, and so much more. I moved to the DC area knowing only her, and she welcomed me immediately, shared all of her friends with me, and truly made me feel at home.  She's that person that will always be there for me.

Last Thursday I'm finishing packing up my life, stressed out and tired.  I get a text from NG saying that her Air Max shoes are in, so would I mind if she stops by to show them to me (side note: NG ordered these bad ass custom Air Max shoes and I'm DYING to see them! So naturally this excuse worked so easily on me...oh you want me to look at shoes on a random Thursday night?? Yes please!) Little did I know that about four hours earlier, NG became a fiance to the man of her dreams.  When she walked in she said "I don't actually have shoes to show you....but I do have this to show you" (raises the left hand). What do I do? I LOST IT! Immediate tears, confusion, disbelief.  Did you ever picture your best friend getting engaged? Well I did - and this was not how I pictured her telling me.  Yes, I realize I wasn't the one getting proposed to, but none the less I was blown away.  I feel  immense joy for these two.  I know they will have a lifetime of happiness together. 


He could not have picked a prettier day!
The look of surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment