Monday, November 18, 2013

This S**T Is Yonanas

Yesterday I decided to take a trip to Target - one of my all-time favorite stores.  I went there because I needed two things- mascara and cream cheese. However, it is physically impossible to go to Target and not leave with more items than you actually need.  Per usual this time of year, I ended up in Christmas decorations aisle. I picked up a few cute things to decorate with and will eventually get a small tree and some more decorations.

Did anyone read the article recently about Loni Jane? She's an Australian designer/photographer and has recently been in the news for following the 80|10|10 way of life.  Basically, she eats a crap ton of fruits and veggies- following vegan ways. I have such an interest in health and have been reading a lot about how what you put into your body effects both your insides and outsides.  So for instance, if you eat like crap you are going to feel and look like crap.  My mom is a big follower of Kimberly Snyder- nutritionist to the stars and founder of GLOW in LA.  My mom even bought a Vitamix so that she can drink Kimberly's green juice every morning.  I might be crazy but I completely agree with what Kimberly and Loni say. Over the past couple of months, I started having really bad stomach cramps and an upset stomach and thought for sure it had to do with something I was eating.  I started cutting out Gluten to see if that's what was causing my stomach pains, but that did not really work. So then I read about how dairy can really effect the way we feel and how some people become lactose intolerant as they get older.  Most milk's and dairy products are genetically motified (partially because cow's milk is modified), so I decided I would try cutting out dairy products.  I've been drinking almond milk since I was in college, so that wasn't a problem, but cutting out cheese would be a struggle.  When I did though I felt 100 times better.  Two other instances happened, too: one night I made PR nachos, swearing to myself that I wouldn't eat any...well I did...the next day my stomach pains were back.  I also thought sharing a cup of coffee that PR already put half and half in would be okay since I wasn't drinking the whole thing...FALSE.  The same thing happened again the next day.

SOOO where am I going with this?? In during my research of Vitamix's and other products out there I came across Yonana's - basically a froyo machine...You put frozen fruit in the machine and out comes soft serve ice cream. WHAAAAAAA???? I had to do my research, so I looked at product reviews and watched YouTube tutorials- with everyone saying it was great (however they all say the machine is really loud when you turn it on). SO when I popped into target I decided to look for myself...AND THERE IT WAS....THE YONANAS MACHINE!!!!!  Did I get it? Nope...Christmas and my birthday are right around the corner, so you never know what Santa might bring. But for those of you looking for a new, healthier version of FroYo, go to Target and get the Yonanas machine...except don't go to the one that has them in stock in Fairfax...I want to make sure there's enough left for Santa :)

I want to lick the yogurt on the box

I love that it's not too big either..fits nicely on the counter
BTW, guess what else I saw there??????? MY BAR CART!!!!!!! Okay technically I can't call it my bar cart yet because I don't own it, but I feel like it's mine. AND it was already put together!!!!  It looked so pretty.  I stood staring at it for a while, but again Christmas is right around the corner and I still need to do my Christmas shopping for everyone else!

I love you bar cart

No comments:

Post a Comment