Thursday, November 21, 2013

Throwback- Welcome to the Jungle

It's hard to believe that this time last year I was on my way to Africa.  I am BEYOND lucky to have parents who believe in traveling and seeing the world - and there's no better way to do so then by taking a family trip! Last year my family and I left on Thanksgiving day and headed to South Africa for the trip of a lifetime. My mom's dream has always been to travel to Africa and explore the wild jungle- well actually it was my entire family's dream!  If I could recommend the trip to anyone, I gladly would- from riding elephants, to going on safari's, to watching an actual lion hunting for actual prey...these are things I will never forget- ever.

On this throwback Thursday, I am reminiscing on one of the greatest memories I have- riding on an elephant with my dad.  As you know from previous posts- I went to Bama and our mascot is an Elephant (Big Al to be exact- ROLL TIDE!)- so this activity was a must on my Africa to-do list. My parent's are my brother and I's biggest and greatest fans, so as much as I love Bama and elephants, I think my dad loves them even more! To be able to share this experience with him and my mom and brother brings tears to my eyes to this day.  I will never forget the good times like when dung beetles hit my in the face while driving on safari or the time my brother decided to work on his base tan...in the middle of the jungle...surrounded by wild animals.  I've been so blessed to travel to many different places, but even more blessed to be able to do so with my family.  If I'm 40 and still traveling with my parents- I'm completely fine with that!

Photo Cred- Drew Butera...what up Kitty

Gentle Giants (the elephant and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment