Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Over It All

Before reading this post, you have to mentally swear to yourself that you won't judge me.  I know you'll want to immediately after reading this, but try not to.  When I think about my style I think it varies, depending on my mood - preppy, conservative, risk taking, long hair - don't care, all black, highlighter pink - you name it, I've probably worn it.  I try not to focus on trends,but more so what fits me and what looks good on me.  NG once gave me the nicest compliment - she said I dress according to what looks best on me.  I take that as a compliment because that can be very difficult.  Do I love that long, flowy metallic skirt? Yes I do - but I won't buy it because it will sit in my closet for the simple reason that it doesn't work on me.

One article of  clothing I have recently become obsessed with again are.....overalls.  I know, I know - I shouldn't, but I can't help it. The sad thing is I actually picture myself wearing them during certain life events.  A while back I saw an instagram photo of a model wearing overalls while taking a tour of a Virginia vineyard, and from there on out it's become my mission to get a pair.  Will I look like my 13 year old self again or like I'm heading to herd cattle on the ranch in New Mexico?  Probably, but as I mentioned above, long hair don't care.  I'm snapping those babies in and heading out the door.

SIDE NOTE: Whenever I wear anything leather (which is every other day), PR always makes jokes about me hoping on motorcycle and going for a spin.  Over/under on the odds that when I wear my overalls he will say: "Where's your horse? Heading to the ranch?"

Great price point - especially if I decide to wear these Forever 21 overalls a total of 3 times

Zara does distressed denim so well
Love how these Lulu's overalls are cuffed just above the ankle and how they paired them with heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment