Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Emmy Recap



Did you watch the Emmy’s this past Sunday?  I actually missed it because I was watching football, but that doesn’t mean I missed any of the fashion- which is the best part in my book.

So I’ll embarrassingly admit that I am a HUGE fan of the Rachel Zoe Project.  I am obsessed with fashion so it kind of comes with the territory.  Plus, how can you not love a girl who has her own archive collection. I mean enough designer clothes to warrant an archive is kind of amazing.  I always loved the episodes where Rachel styled celebs for upcoming awards shows.  So, it’s inspired me to put together a list of my most and least favs of the night.


Most Favorite

Malin Akerman (Marchesa)
 What’s not to love about winter white??  It’s crazy to think that Malin had a baby just a few months ago because girlfriend looks amazing.  That dress fits her perfectly and looks like it was made for her.  The detailing all over the dress is equally as gorgeous.


Kaley Cuoco (Vera Wang)
I was so excited to learn that oxblood’s going to be a staple this fall and winter.  I think the color looks great on nails, purses, cable knit sweaters, and so much more.  Kaley pulls off this color so well and just like Malin it fits her like a glove.  Oh and also just like Malin the fabric detailing is so gorgeous. 


Anna Gunn (Romona Keveza)
 Love, love, love- slightly obsessed.  It’s such a simple dress and yet it looks like a million bucks. The lace is to die for, the color combination is the work of Picasso, and the hair is spectacular.  Would this not be gorgeous as a wedding dress- that is for someone who wants something completely different and not a white gown.


Sofia Vergara (Vera Wang)
 I mean….what’s there to say? Her body is off the charts amazing- she always knows exactly how to dress  for her shape and curves.  The color looks gorgeous on her skin tone and blends so nicely with the red carpet, and the jewelry is not too much, not too little, just right.


Tie: Rose Byrne (Calvin Klein) and Padma Lakshmi (Kaufmanfranco)
 Two piece outfits are a huge hit this season and where all over the runaways this year.  Besides wearing a top trend do both girls not look absolutely stunning??  Every strand of hair is perfectly in place, the accessories are not overwhelming and compliment both dresses, and both dresses look insane with their skin tones.  Both ladies should hug their stylists for a job well done. (BTW dying over Rose Byrne’s hair. Makes me want to run to the salon and have the exact same thing done)
 
Least Favorite

Julie Bowen (Zac Posen)
 NOOOO!!!! I started out with Julie first because I was the most disappointed in this one.  I personally think Julie Bowen is gorgeous. She clearly spends all of her time working out because there isn’t an ounce of fat on her body and oh she’s hilarious and seems like she could be your best friend. But this dress- it hurts my eyes. I think the biggest issue for me with this dress is the sleeves. The dress looks like a horrid combination of an 80’s prom/wedding dress and curtains ripped off the walls of Mariah Carey’s living room. 


Jessica Pare (Oscar de la Renta)
This dress bothers me for a few reasons: is that a bow at the cleavage line? Ruffles? Extra padding? The color of the dress totally washes out her skin tone. The gathering in the stomach area leading up to the bow(?) does nothing for her figure. The only thing saving her right now is the shoes.

Claire Danes (Armani Prive)
 Let me start by saying I actually love this dress. However, it made my least favorite list for the following reasons: if you quickly glance and look away at the photo of her you might think she’s nake because the dress is literally the color of her skin. I’m all for flesh colored tones, but not when your flesh has no tone at all. The chest area- why does it look so weird to me?? I think it’s because the fabric on the top starts to low- like it’s almost dangling on her.  I think this kind of cut top would look great on someone like Blake Lively who has a little more to offer.  Other than that the dress itself is beautiful.

Lena Dunham (Prada)
  I just don’t get it. I mean I know she’s edgy and hip but this is just a styling mistake. This dress is super feminine and delicate, made for someone like Rachel Bilson or Emma Watson, but Lena just looks out of place in it. Maybe the intense eye shadow is also throwing me off.



Zosia Mamet (custom Honor dress)
This dress makes me sad. It’s another dress that would be so pretty if….they removed the black patch along the bust line. Wait, omg, did I miss the trend where you are supposed to wear your black sticky boobs outside of your dress? I don’t think I did. The cut of this dress is so pretty, the fabric colors are amaze-balls but I can’t look past the black bra.


Side notes: is Amanda Peet goth now? Was Julianne Hough trying to win back Seacrest with that dress? Why is Mayim Bialik wearing a dress meant for a First Lady during inauguration?

No comments:

Post a Comment