Thursday, February 13, 2014

Honey, That Weave...

As follow up to my previous post, I decided to do a post about hair products.  It might come as a surprise, but I'm not as obsessed with hair products as I am with certain face/body products.  I do, however, still have my loyal favorites.  Everyone's hair is completely different, and I'm a firm believer that you should pick products that correspond with your hair type.  For instance, I specifically buy shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair (I know, I know....I'm not a real blonde, can you believe?!) I also ALWAYS use a leave-in conditioning spray when I get out of the shower because my hair is thin so it knots like crazy.

Taking care of your hair is so important.  When you get your hair done and you walk out of the salon with a fresh blow out, don't you just feel like a million bucks?? Well, you should! And while I can NEVER blow dry my hair like they do at the salon I can certainly try.

Shampoo and Conditioner
Biolage is the best! My mom always kept this line in stock at her house.  They make different lines according to what you need - color damage? hair repair? extra volume? They've got it! Plus it always leaves my hair silky smooth
Leave - In Conditioner
As I mentioned earlier, my hair is thin, so it tangles extremely easy, like ridiculously easy. So I definitional splurge on detaingler spray because it's worth every penny! My mom also always used to use Biolage leave-in conditioner on my hair and it's still a go to today.

Need to Try Product - ASAP
While quite pricey for conditioner, I've heard AMAZING things about Davines LOVE conditioner. I've always wanted to try it, but never remember to order online.  I hear Jen Aniston uses it - so it has to be amaze balls right??

Shiny Hair Product
My aunt works in a fab NY hair salon and she actually got me hooked on Moroccan Oil. It sounds weird - adding oil to your hair? But trust me, just a dime size drop in color treated hair and your locks become so shiny and smooth!
Haven't Tried Yet - But Want To
Do you envy the Victoria's Secret model's beachy waves as much as I do? Unfortunately, I have pretty straight hair so it doesn't really hold a curl; HOWEVER, when I go to the beach it becomes wavy because of the salt water, and I love it! I've also always read amazing reviews of Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray, so I can't wait to try it out!





Brush It Out
When styling my hair, my routine is pretty basic - a blow dryer and a large curling brush are my go to styling equipment. I prefer a large brush made up of ceramic and boar bristles. I sectioned my hair off using claw clips and go step-by-step blowing drying each section.
Pump It Up
This is essentially what I look like (jokes aside) after blow drying my hair.  I once again pull my hair into different sections and then roll the sections into sponge curlers.  Leave those in for about 25-30 minutes and when you take them out you've got volume like a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader...or Adriana Lima??

1 comment:

  1. I can attest she actually does look like this to pump it up! Having walked in on her getting ready routine before a Moulin Rouge show. #winterinparis

    ReplyDelete