Monday, February 3, 2014

If This is Getting Older, I'm Okay with It

This morning I was reminded of just how lucky and blessed I am to have a family and friends that love and care for me so much!  Birthday's are always great reminders of this, and I've truly felt the love from everyone today.  This past weekend my friends and I celebrated by going to brunch at Liberty Tavern.  I would recommend this brunch in a second - great buffet with a ton of options and even better drinks! My sip of the day was a pomegranate mimosa -  not too sweet, just right! I feel beyond lucky to have such great friends and it meant so much that they came to brunch! After a few bottles of champs and a few bacon bloody mary's, we headed to another one of my favs in Arlington - Fuego. If you're a fan of chips and salsa and margarita's then this is a must for you! Their rita's can be a bit pricey, but they are seriously delish and so worth it!

Oh and if you don't know already - PR helped to plan the surprise of the year...my mom flew in for the day to attend brunch with my friends and I!!!! Can you believe?? She flew in, we went to brunch, and then she was gone with the wind fabulous! If that doesn't say I love my daughter, I don't know what does!  SO THANKFUL to you both!

So after this weekend, I thought everything would die down and that the bday celebration was coming to end. WELL I woke up to the most amazing pic stich from my bestie NG.  She's so good at creating these and included some throwback photos that put me in tears.  They always say you meet some of your best friends in college, and I couldn't agree more.  She's quite the gem!

To top off my day, PR bought me Chipotle for lunch and my co-worker decorated a bday treat bag for me - one side with soccer on it and the other Modern Fam!

Inspired by NG I decided to put together my own little trip down memory lane - and no it's not pics from my 27 years of life..just a few classics!



Thank you for this NG! Bottom left corner=my fav!
Gina - the woman never ages! Dress, Zara; necklace, JCrew; boots, Vince Camuto
#FRIENDS

Last year's brunch bday!
The big 2-5

Brunching in Paris for my 25th!
NG's 25th - hummer limo and all!

My first bday in DC - my co-workers made me feel like I was at home!


Pretending it was my bday in college - because hey why not??

Celebrating my bestie's bday - she's in the white dress in the front (also a bride to be)

My lovely Carly's big 2-1! What better way to celebrate then in London Town?!
Nothing say's Colleen's 21st like those faces!







No comments:

Post a Comment