Thursday, February 6, 2014

Little Bit of This..Little Bit of That

I have to admit, I'm that girl that is obsessed with products -- make-up, hairspray, lotion, tanning creams, etc.  I've tried quite a few to say the least, but I definitely have my go-to's, the products I use on a consistent basis. I love the motto: if you find a great pair of jeans that fit you perfectly buy 10. It's tough to find a great pair of jeans, just like it's tough to find great products sometimes. Everyone is different, especially when it comes to your skin, so it's important to find that one face lotion or that one lipstick that works for you.  Today, I'm sharing my fav face and make-up products.  Hopefully, these will become your soon to be favs, too!

Face Cleaning Regimen
My skin is very sensitive - one day it's oily, the next dryer than the desert.  After years of going to numerous dermatologists and trying out numerous products, I've finally found the best skin care regimen for me.  And surprisingly it's super easy and affordable.

Face Wash
I've used this specific Oxy face wash for probably the past 4 years.  It contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, so it fights bacteria and dirt! I work out pretty much every day and sweat A LOT so I need something that cleans off all of the sweat/dirt/make-up
Face Cream
Because I have combination skin, it's important for me to moisturize daily.  I've also used Oil of Olay classic face lotion for years now and love it.  It's super light, not greasy at all

Eye Make-Up Remover
I first started using Pond's cold cream to remove my eye make-up when I saw my friend do it.  I definitely have to wear mascara every day, and it's so important to make sure to remove all of your make-up before going to bed. Pond's is gentle on my eyes and removes everything!

Eye Cream
I started wearing eye cream when I turned 20 (when the fear of wrinkles registered).  My mom has me addicted to Avon Anew Clinical eye cream.  I LOVE the feeling of wiping off all of my make-up and slathering this stuff on my eyes. Fun tip - in the summer I put it in the fridge - the cool lotion instantly de-puffs my sometimes sun burned eyelids

At-Home Facial
Another Avon product I'm hooked on is the Anew Clinical Peel.  They look like cleansing wipes, except one side is texturized.  You wipe this over your face every other day and the top layer of your skin starts to gently scruff off.  Sound scary?  It's painless, there's only slight redness and drying right after, and you know it's working when your BF says something about your silky smooth skin
Four Products I Use Every Day

1. Under Eye Concealer
Under eye concealer is at the top of my list in terms of products.  Using this Bobbi Brown concealer under your eyes instantly wakes you up and hides any sign of a late night.  One side is the actual cream that covers dark circles, and the other is loose powder that you put on top so that everything stays in place the whole day! Win win
2. Face Concealer
I don't like wearing foundation every day, so instead I use Bobbie Brown's concealer stick to cover up any redness or dark spots. It's so light  you can barely feel it on your skin or even tell you're wearing it.  Oh and it actually matches my skin tone which is a maj plus
3. Mascara
I'm not super picky about mascara, just as long as it meets these requirements: has to provide extra length and fullness, needs to be dark black, and it can't be water proof (a biotch to take off).  I usually use Maybelline's Colossal mascara because I love how it elongates my lashes and makes them extra thick.  The Bigga The Betta Honey
4. Lip Gloss/Stick
Back story - I once saw a girl in a photo wearing this lipstick and the caption was just Snob.  So, I immediately Googled Snob Lipstick and this MAC lipstick appeared.   The next day I went and bought it and have been hooked ever since.  Add a little gloss on top and you're good to go.
Can you tell I only wear pink lipsticks? Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  A huge thanks goes to my mom who introduced and actually gave me this MAC Pink Noeveau lipstick.  Again, a little shimmery gloss on top and you're out the door fabulous
Other Products
One thing I am picky about - foundation.  Bobbie Brown hands down makes the best foundation.  This compact is the new version of liquid foundation.  It's extremely lightweight but it actually does it's job and covers everything.  The color matches my skin perfectly, too.
When I do wear eye shadow, I have a few go to's.  I either use these Avon eyeshadow quads or MAC eyeshadow.  The quads are so great because they have so many color options and they are so inexpensive.  If you're looking to spice up your eyes, which I always am, I would recommend buying a few of these quads in different colors.  If you're looking for specific colors, MAC has great single options - and a ton to choose from!
In the end - you can have the BEST make-up but if you don't have equally great brushes you might be SOL. You can find great make-up brush sets in so many different places - Target, Sally's, Bobbie Brown, MAC, etc.  It's important to also keep your brushes nice - wash them with a gentle cleanser and don't mess with the bristles too much.

Absolutely LOVE adding a highlighter to my skin after putting on foundation.  This Nars Multiple stick is so ideal - you can use it on your face, lips, eyes, and body.  I choose to wear it slightly under my cheek bones, straight down my nose, and around my hairline (the places we're you are most likely to receive color if you're in the sun)

No comments:

Post a Comment