Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Restaurant Review

One of my fav restaurants in DC is Graffiato.  Yes, I realize there are probably hundreds of other restaurants in the area that are just as amazing or even better - but I really like this place.  What's not to love about modern Italian cuisine and Prosecco on tap?! That's right- Prosecco ON TAP!

When my family came to visit this past weekend I had to take them there.  My family eats Italian food a lot, so I knew they would enjoy it.  My dad definitely can be the hardest to please when it comes to food and can be quite picky - but thankfully he'd been to Graffiato before and was excited to go back.

After a day of traveling and museum tours, we were starving and decided to arrive at Graffiato an hour before our reservation.  (side note: if you are parking in the area come prepared with change for the meters.  We had none and NO ONE would break any money for us..SO annoying!) The restaurant is dimly lit which I kind of really like.  It's a narrow space that occupies two floors.  The bar scene is downstairs, with more seating upstairs.  After reviewing the menu for about 5 minutes, we all knew what we wanted:

Dad- Goodfella's pizza (doesnt this seem fitting for him?!)
Bro- Pappardelle pasta
Mom- Chicken thighs
Me- Charred Octupus
To Share- Pepperoni Sauce and Flatbread (A MUST order and one of my fav things! I drink it with a spoon), roasted cauliflower, and brussel sprouts

Graffiato is considered tapas style, so you are suppose to order a few things.  Let's just say we left with empty plates and full stomachs.  The food was so delish.  The pizza can easily feed 2 or 3, the brussel sprouts were BEYOND in the yogurt sauce, and the pepperoni sauce was just like I remembered it.  Slight warning: if the look of seafood grosses you out, don't order the octopus.  If it doesn't bother you, definitely order it because it was so yummy.

I love when people visit me because it's a great excuse to try out new places!  Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

Clockwise from top left- Brussel Sprouts, Pappardelle Pasta, Octupus, Pizza

Close up of the brussel sprouts- had chopped up egg mixed in with the yogurt sauce on the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment