Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hit the Nail on the Head

My birthday's right around the corner - who's excited??? I have to admit I am definitely one of those people who likes to plan things for their birthday - dinner, drinks, getting a pedicure, etc. I am a HUGE fan of birthday's in general, and I always love a good celebration. My college roommates and I used to "secretly" decorate our apartment for each others birthdays so that when the person would walk into the living room in the morning it would be decked out with balloons, streamers, posters, and more!

Before I went home for Christmas I had the biggest urge to have fake nails (why I have absolutely no idea).  So, before making the drastic decision to get acrylics I decided to buy glue on nails. Yup, that's right - I went to CVS, picked up $8 nails, and glued them on myself while watch Bravo (Lisa Vanderpump would die if she saw me gluing them on).  They actually looked pretty good if I do say so myself, and I ended up really liking them.  I've always loved polished nails, and when I was younger (meaning before becoming a career woman) I swore that whenever I got a real job I would always have nice nails. I mean you have to admit, don't you look at a woman differently when she has nice, pretty nails?  I do and in a positive way.

So, as part of my bday activities I'm planning to get a mani and pedi - what better way to welcome a new age then with a foot massage and buffed nails (and a bottle of champs that I plan to bring with me to the salon)?! I need some new nail inspiration before getting them done, so I decided to look for options.  I'm kind of really loving the taupe color, but who knows what I'll go with next week!  If you're an Aquarius like me, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!

LOVE this color combo and the look of these.  Except I would probably just do two fingers with the gold - all 10 might be a little too much
This is what I currently have on my nails and I love it!  BUT time for a change
How great is this look for New Years Eve?  Black is not really appropriate for work, but maybe I'll save this idea for New Years 2015

Radiant Orchid is the color of the year - such a pretty purple!

A simple pink is so lovely and classic

I love this taupe color!!!! I think this is what I might end up going with..OR should I do dark nails one last time for the winter season?!


No comments:

Post a Comment