Friday, January 10, 2014

Houzzzzzzz

Have you heard of the website/app called Houzz?  I'm seriously addicted.  I love interior design, and I know exactly what I  like and what I want the rooms in my future house to look like but sometimes it's hard to piece things together.  That's where Houzz comes into play.   Pulled directly from their website, Houzz is the leading online platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world.

Why do I love it so much?  Because it's all visual.  I am a visual person - I need to see real time things in order to understand what something will look like.  You know those people who can look at a horrible, god awful, 60 year old room and say "Oh well if we did this, and knocked out this wall, and added a splash of this it will be so much better"?  I'm not that person - I need to actually see it.

I think my three fav rooms in a house are my bedroom, the kitchen, and the closet (if we're going fancy I'll throw in the media/movie room and the bathroom which hosts my sauna).  I pulled some images from Houzz that I love and hope to see in my future house.  Duh, you guys can visit me any time! Fresh cookies from my white kitchen? Manolo's stored in my closet?  Absolutely.

KITCHEN
I LOVE an all white and marble kitchen...Yes mom, I know white gets dirty

Thinking I need this barn door to conceal my pantry as well

Again with the white...I can't help myself

I don't think this kitchen, BUT I do like the seating area, great use of space

Don't like this kitchen either, but OBSESSED with the sparkly back splash

BEDROOM

LOVE the curtains and obvi love the mirrored furniture

This chandelier gives me goose bumps.  Also love the over sized wall head board

I have a white bedspread currently and I'm loving the blue accent pieces.  Not a huge fan of built ins or that wall head board

Because my second house will be a beach house! Such a cute idea for kids
CLOSET - My Sanctuary

The organization in this closet makes me want to cry tears of joy

Do I love full length jumbo mirrors? Do I love white fur throws? What about chandeliers? YES, YES, YES

Trying outfits on is exhausting.  Thank goodness I have these built in comfy benches
I'LL PROBZ NEED THIS ROOM

By the time I have my own house, I'll probably have my own company, too. Taking over the world requires the most amazing in home office ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment