Thursday, January 2, 2014

Product Review - Spiralizer

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope everyone had a great holiday! This Christmas, one of the gifts I received from my parents was a meatball grill basket.  1. I LOVE meatballs 2. I loved grilled, crispy meatballs...Naturally, this was an ideal gift for me; however, I do not eat meatballs that often to truly appreciate the grill basket.  So, I to head over to Williams Sonoma to exchange the grill basket for something else.

My mom hates clutter, especially in the kitchen - and I have to admit I'm right there with her.  BUT this girl definitely loves kitchen appliances.  So much so that PR surprised me with the food processor I've always wanted (I've already made homemade almond butter and mashed potatoes). So I knew I would have no problem exchanging the grill basket for something else.  I've had my eyes on a new gadget called the Spiralizer.  I first came across it when reading through some vegan blogs.  Basically, this machine turns potatoes, veggies (like zucchini and carrots), and fruit (like apples) into noodles or fries.  I even read really great reviews about it - some stating that with sauce on top the zucchini noodles are the best pasta replacement.  The machine comes with three different blade attachments so that you can create the noodle/fry shape you are looking for.

Yesterday, I turned in my meatball grill basket for the Spiralizer and I've been hooked ever since.  I had a sweet potato on hand, so I decided to make sweet potato curly fries.  They turned out so delicious and the Spiralizer was so easy to use and clean up.  Next, I plan to try making zucchini pasta.  If you like pasta, veggies, and curly fries, I definitely recommend this product - 4 out of 5 stars!

The meatball grill basket- such a genius idea
The Spiralizer

The sweat potato- locked and loaded, ready for spiralizing
With a few turns of the wheel, curly fries are created

No comments:

Post a Comment