Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm Hungry

As I previously mentioned, it had been a year since I was last in Orlando. In the weeks leading up to my Christmas visit, my mom and I plotted and planned activities and things to do - especially while PR was visiting.  One thing she suggested we do and was excited about was dinner at Cask & Larder - a newer restaurant in Orlando that features a brewery inside.  Clearly my mom knows us to well.  She even went above and beyond by reserving the private room for us - the table is situated in the middle of the brewing room.  Not only are their beers delicious, but the food is even better.  The menu focuses on seasonal, fresh and local ingredients and changes accordingly.

To start, PR and I both ordered the beer flights: 5 mini beers of our choice, one being the Holiday Cookie (tasted like gingerbread).  The beers were delish and made us hungry for dinner.  We started off with 2 apps - the boiled peanut hummus and pimento cheese.  The hummus was exactly what I expected and PR said the pimento cheese was really good.  For my main course I had the kale salad which came equipped with avocado, apples, beets and  granola.  LOVED that combination and instead of using the house vinaigrette I decided to top my salad with white BBQ sauce (throwback to my days in BAMA, soo yummy)! PR ordered the Nashville Hot Chicken which came with mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. It was SO much food and he was the last to finish.  I sampled his potatoes and they were heavenly.  Another thing to try is their fries - HOLY amazing.  I absolutely love a good curly fry and I swear they used season salt on them (this was a big debate the next day because my mom and PR both swear the fries had cinnamon on them...ummmmmm no, that's not right). If you're ever in the Orlando area and looking for a good beer and fresh cuisine, I would def recommend Cask & Larder.

After stuffing our faces, we obviously had to go play a few rounds of bowling!  I haven't been bowling in YEARS, so this was quite the treat/experience.  Side Notes: @salspals33 wiped out completely while attempting to bowl, I beat PR the first round, and the Butera parents have a horrible habit of stepping over the line every time.

Inside the brewery room...thinking I need this in my future house!




Nashville chicken and mac & cheese= heaven

Kale salad- love the granola on top

Sometimes I feel bad that I make him take so many pictures....sometimes




Such great form - look at that kickback


No comments:

Post a Comment