Friday, October 25, 2013

Ann Taylor Got a Face Lift




Have you been to Ann Taylor lately? Shopped the website? Received their daily emails? If you haven’t I suggest doing so ASAP! Ever since Kate Hudson started modeling and co-designing for them, their inventory has become amazeballs.  I used to think of Ann Taylor as a store with just clothes you buy to wear to work – the standard pencil skirts and white button downs…but now, they’re on a new level of interest for me.  Leather and leopard are staples in the store, and their shoes are stepping in the right direction (pun intended).  Ann Taylor might be a bit pricey, but I think a purchase is worth it for two reasons: 

1. The quality is above average.  My dad used to say it’s ok to spend a little more on something if it ends up lasting longer.  Leather has transitioned through 3 seasons now, so why not give that leather skirt a try?!

2. A lot pieces in Ann Taylor are transitional.  I’ve found three tops that I’m dying over that I could totally wear to work or out for drinks with girlfriends. When you can wear an article of clothing or a pair of shoes with several outfits, then it’s worth a splurge!  More bang for your buck

If you can’t make it to Ann Taylor or you don’t have time to browse their website, don’t worry – here’s a little list of a few of my favs!

This top would look so cute with pants, a skirt, or jeans!
LOVE this shirt!! I mean does this not scream after work holiday party?! The fabric is to die
This striped shirt does not come with a black button down underneath, so not sure why it's like that. Tried it on in store- soft and silky and adorable with black leggings or black leather skirt
I'm in pretty desperate need of a new grey sweater, so when I saw this leather lined one I fell in love! It's listed under jackets but I think it's more sweater'ish
CONFESSION- I tried this jacket on in the store, walked around the entire store with it on, and almost refused to take it off..until the sales associate asked if I was finding everything ok..at $200 it's a bit steep, but LOOK AT THE LAPEL!!! Totally worth it

Love classic white button downs- so great for work wear, pairs nicely with denim, looks polished with a pencil skirt...add a jeweled neckline and I'm sold
Ok this too screams holiday party and I absolutely love it...hints of shimmery gold make my heart melt

If you know me, you know my leather and leggings obsession...combined, these might be the only pants I'll ever need
Such a cute loafer!! Worth $98? Not really, but on sale, definitely!

BOOTS!!!! This is why I love cold weather..to wear these beautys!
Tortoise + diamonds= jewelry heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment