Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Roll Bars



Pumpkin bars might be one of my favorite desserts/snacks during fall.  Well, to be fair, anything pumpkin is!  I recently started frequenting the blog SixSisters’ Stuff. According to their website, they are six girls who have grown up and moved far apart from each other, so they use their blog to stay in touch and to share their latest ideas.  They post some of the best recipes and are always thinking of the most creative and cute arts and crafts ideas.

While looking through their blog the other day, I stumbled upon this cream cheese & pumpkin bars recipe.  I knew I immediately had to make it.  And I’m so glad I did because the bars turned out to be delicious!  Here’s how I would describe them: soft but with a brownie like texture, and the best taste of oozy cream cheese and pumpkin all layered into one magical bar.  They’re really great because they’re not overly sweet-just enough to satisfy any sweet tooth.  PR jokingly mentioned eating these with his chili, and I secretly really agree with him.  I am a big fan of chili topped with cornbread- so this new idea and twist just might have to be my next recipe exploration (Weird, I’m like the Christopher Columbus of cooking- Happy CC Day!).

I would definitely recommend trying this recipe, especially if you have a pumpkin craving!  If you’re not a fan of pumpkin, skip this recipe and head over to the Six Sisters’ Stuff blog, and look through one of their hundreds of recipes for something else that tickles your taste buds. 


 I dislike recipes that require so many ingredients- so if you're looking for a quick two bowl pumpkin recipe, this is it!

 The first layer- pumpkin deliciousness

 I whip my cream cheese back and forth (what a horrible pun- but seriously!)

 The second layer- gooey cream cheese filling! After this, you top with final layer of pumpkin batter

 Fresh out of the oven- patiently waiting to cut into them

 THE LAYERS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment