Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap



Why are weekends going by SO fast??? Every Sunday I feel sad because it feels like I blinked and the weekend was over.  At least I can say the weekend was a success!  Friday after work the @MntGreenMachine had our last double header of the season.  We thought it was going to be a close one, but we ended up winning both games.  

Saturday started with a morning spin class.  I’ve been going to Saturday morning spin classes for about 5 weeks now, and I really love it.  I want to start going to more during the week, but I somehow always find an excuse in the morning, and I’m too tired at the end of the work day.  I’ve never been one to post inspirational quotes, but maybe I should try it?!
Saturday afternoon was so lovely- ate some delicious dips, made barbeque chicken roll ups (pizza crust stuffed with pulled barbeque chicken and cheese), drank some champagne, watched Bama beat Georgia State, and then watched Georgia beat Tennessee (such an intense game for UGA again)!  

Saturday evening was even more fun- I met up with NG in Clarendon for what was originally going to be a drink but turned into a fun night of catching up and dancing.  NG and I love to talk and we always have SO many stories to share with each other, so catching up on the dance floor was actually pretty funny looking back on it. 

Sunday PR and I went to his sister’s college lax tournament.  Lacrosse wasn’t really big in Florida when I was growing up so I never really paid attention to it, but watching A#1 and her team play is always so entertaining and fun for me- oh and they’re really good so that helps, too.  While driving to her lax game we passed a church that had a pumpkin patch set up, so after her games PR and I stopped by to pick some up.  As I previously mentioned in another post,  one Fall activity that I want to try is painting pumpkins.  I bought the cutest “spookie” pumpkins and smaller decoration ones to paint.  Now all I need to do is actually buy the paint and paint brushes!


I finished the evening by making homemade chicken pot pie and brownies and watching the Dodgers kick some Braves butt.  Confession- that was the LONGEST game I’ve ever watched and after the 5th ining, when the Dodgers were up 10-4 I fell asleep.  My odds of staying up to watch tonight’s entire game at 9:30PM EST are not in my favor. 

 
Love that the money for the pumpkins go to a good cause!

Never heard of spookies, but the perfect size for decorating an apartment

A-Rod Pumpkins

Homemade chicken pot pie- super easy to make and SOOO delish..Butter Makes it Better Ya'll

Yes, I made him do this and yes I'm wearing white after Labor Day

No comments:

Post a Comment