Wednesday, October 30, 2013

No Tricks, Just Treats



Tomorrows Halloween, and if you are anything like me, then you haven’t purchased your costume yet or candy for the many trick-or-treaters that probably won’t even stop by your house or apartment – I mean we all need candy on hand just in case they stop by riiiggghhhttt??  

Let me start by mentioning that I actually really don’t like Halloween.  Sure, as a kid I loved it.  I loved dressing up as genie, an ice skater, a hippie, and Minnie mouse.  I loved running to each house throughout the neighborhood stuffing my bag with candy.  And I especially loved trading in all but three of my favorite pieces of candy to get a present (it used to take my brother and I SO LONG to decide which three pieces we wanted to keep).  But now as an adult I am really indifferent about this Holiday.  I love the decorations, the cute pumpkin cookies, and the cute and creative costumes people come up with, but what I don’t like is having to figure out my costume.  I’m not the girl that buys the slutty cheerleaders outfit or dresses up as Miley during the VMA’s (side note: I’ve actually always liked the flight attendants outfit but just can’t get myself to buy it).  Last year I was Tom Cruise in Risky Business – super original right?!  Unfortunately, I think my body is composed of about 20% creativity, so ideas don’t always just pop into my head.  But this year I’m determined to be different – even if I have to use the internet for some inspiration – because my company is doing a Halloween costume contest tomorrow at work and the winner gets a full day off from work – A FULL DAY!!! 

If you’re panicking because you do not know what costume to wear tomorrow or what candy to buy, then please take some of my suggestions below!  

Creative Costume Ideas
LOVE this costume idea and was actually thinking about being this for Halloween- 50 Shades of Grey, just some painters strips and grey hair spray=genius!

Dunkin' Donuts...love the inner tube donuts

Facing a Fork in the Road? A black tee, some white tape, and a fork are all you need

 
Self Portait- Such a cute idea! And you only need to buy one thing

Love this idea for a couples costume- Kim K and Kanye





 My Top 5 Favorite Chocolate Treats
M&M's took it up a level when they started stuffing them with peanut butter

Chocolate + Peanut Butter combo is my all time fav..slightly melted and I'm in heaven

Butta Makes it Betta Ya'll...except when it gets stuck in my teeth
My Oreo obsession started at an early age


How can you not LOVE a snickers! The commercials are true..sometimes you need a Snickers
My Top 5 Favorite Candy- Non Chocolate
Pouring a bag of Skittles in my mouth is one of my favorite past times- can you taste the rainbow?!

My favs in order: pink, red, yellow, orange

Air heads are such a delicious treat. I love the mystery flavor

Had to put Candy Corn- It's straight sugar, but mixed in with popcorn, goldfish (my Friday night), or pretzels it's 10 times better!
Love sour gummy worms, and swedish fish, and strawberry tape

 My Least Favorite Candies
Hate laffy taffy- the flavor is so fake and the texture is just not for me

Who actually chooses a Three Musketeers bar??? No one wants that filling

Never buy a candy that names itself after what it is....DUMB!



No comments:

Post a Comment