Thursday, October 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday- Bama Style #RollTide


In exactly one week from today, myself, NG, PR, and SP will be heading to the beautiful town known as Tuscaloosa for The University of Alabama women’s soccer alumni weekend.  It’s been two years since I’ve been back, and I’m BEYOND excited. Tuscaloosa is probably the best college town- filled with friendly southern people, delicious food and the best football program in the country (shout out to women’s soccer though for being #2 in the SEC!!).

NG and I have been planning this trip since June when we bought our plane tickets.  She and I are both obsessive planners so naturally anything that needs a plan will have one.  Lately, we’ve only discussed what we’re going to wear, mainly because fashion comes first.  It was announced this past Monday that the football game on Saturday will be at 6:00PM, so that means alumni game in the morning, yellow hammers and pulled pork nachos in the afternoon, and tailgating all day.  Every morning I wake up and check the 10 day weather to see what our weekend in Tsucaloosa has in store for us.  Saturday it’s supposed to be a high of 72 and a  low of 46.  A LOW OF 46??? I might need to pack two suitcases so that I  have plenty of options.  I have my game day dressed picked out already- but what shoes will I wear?? Sandals since it will be warm in the afternoon? Boots since it will get cold at night?? Wedges since we’re in the south and girls down there get dressed for game day like they’re going to formal.  I know you are dying to know what I end up wearing so don’t worry, a Tuscaloosa post is sure to follow :)

PR shares a love for the SEC like I do- and can you blame him? Whats not to love about a beautiful campus, southern accents, homemade fried chicken, sweet tea, and bread pudding, gorgeous girls, and boys who frat so hard the length of their shorts mirror the length of mine.  I’m really looking forward to showing PR my old stomping grounds- my first dorm, where I lived for three years following that, the soccer field, the bars we used to go to, Big Bad Wolf’s, and the quad during game day. I know he's going to love it!

For this Throwback Thursday I decided to take another trip down memory lane- a peek at the best 5 (no it didn’t take me five years to graduate, I got my masters there, too) of my life. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did! ROLL TIDE Y’ALL

First Alumni weekend I attended

More alumni weekend action on the quad

One of the many trips to Orange Beach

Pre-game dancing...some things dont change

Nope not my bday, just love a good crown

 
This picture looks similar to all soccer party pics- complete chaos

Airport fun- it was a tough weekend...

Senior trip to Cali

1. Shout out to the DJ knee brace, played with that thing for 2 years 2. shout out to the weird flap of skin on my thigh 3. maybe shout out to my roots too

LOVED team pics...we were a family

OHHH the Dirty V..such a great "bar"..right NG?? (she was a "bartender" there)

My first trip to DC on spring break during grad school..I was visiting NG...again some things DO NOT change

Tailgates in Tuscaloosa are the BEST...good food, good drinks, good people, and good football

No need to even ask about the doll



Alumni weekend cook out, before I was an alumni
 
Studying abroad Senior Summer with my teammate Carly, Ello London

Our weekend getaway to Paris...We're so artsy in this photo

This apartment hosted A LOT of parties

Pool parties...nothing better

Under grad graduation- woke up that morning, ran two fitness tests with the team at 6:30am, showered, and went straight to graduation #athleteproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment